In line with its growing development, Mauritius opens its doors for job market to foreign students who have studied in a tertiary education institution in the country.
They are eligible for a maximum 3-year Occupation Permit, depending on the duration of the contract of employment.
3 years maximum
- The student must have completed at least an undergraduate degree in a tertiary education institution recognised by the Higher Education Commission.
- The student must have completed an international recognized professional certification equivalent to at least an undergraduate degree dispensed by a registered institution in Mauritius.
Preliminary documents to be sent for Approval-In-Principle
- Application form
- Signed undertaking Section 5 – Duly filled and signed undertaking by the employer.
- Contract of employment & Job Description
- Degree Certificate and/or Attestation from Tertiary Education Institution certifying successful completion of the degreecourse.
- Brief on the activities of the company
- Business Registration Card
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Register of Shareholders and Directors
- Clearances/licenses/letter of intent for regulated activities (GBL, TEL, etc.)
- Birth Certificate – original (either in English or French) If not, a certified/sworn translated copy by a competent authority should be submitted.
- Marriage Certificate / Divorce Certificate– original (either in English or French) If not, a certified/sworn translated copy by a competent authority should be submitted.
- Passport – Biodata page
Documents to be uploaded and presented in originals after Approval-In-Principle
- Medical Certificate and reports – less than six months old– if the applicant is not in Mauritius at time of application.
- Valid student visa
- Processing fee – Bank Draft/Cheque drawn to the order of the Government of Mauritius.
- 1 recent colour passport size digital photograph – dimensions 3.5cm (413 pixels) x 4.5cm (531 pixels) (less than six months old)
- Any other document as may be required.
Note: The preliminary documents mentioned above should also be presented in originals during appointment.
|Duration||Application fee (USD)|
|Not more than one year||150|
|More than one year but not more than 2 years||250|
|More than 2 years but not more than 3 years||300|
Applying for an Occupation Permit or a Residence Permit by Retirees on the National E-Licensing System (NELS) is free of charge. In addition, the Economic Development Board does not charge any fees for processing of applications for these permits. Only successful applicants are required to pay the statutory permit fees, as prescribed by law, to the Government of Mauritius.
Any other questions ?
You may contact EDB office on
+230 2033800 or send your query below: